September is Healthy Aging Month
This is the month to celebrate life and turn over a new leaf because September is Healthy Aging Month. We’re dedicating the month of September to helping everyone gain a positive outlook about growing older.
September is the perfect time for Healthy Aging Month as we all look for what to do next after our fun summers. Whether making healthy diet choices or picking up new activities, now is the time to get started on better health practices.
Here are 5 tips to follow during Healthy Aging Month:
- Be Positive – Take a positive attitude into all of your conversations and actions throughout the day. Whenever you feel negative comments or thoughts creep into your head, quickly changed the subject to something more positive. (The local news channel or political radio may not be the best choice anymore)
- Smile More – One way to be positive is to smile more. Research shows people who smile more often are happier. When others around you see your happiness, the smiles will start to spread around you.
- Let’s Dance – Did you know that older adults who engage in physical activity are 60% less likely to get dementia? The next time your favorite song comes on, shake a leg and enjoy yourself.
- Go For A Walk – Another option for physical activity is going for a walk. Your walks can also turn into conversations with others walking. Set a goal to be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Eat Fresh – Mix in more fruits and veggies into your diet. A well-balanced diet can help you stay energized and get the nutrients you need.
The Top Five Men’s Health Threats and Ways To Prevent ThemJune 2020 | Letter from the Administrator
With the upcoming celebration of Fathers’ Day, we thought we would feature some tips that will keep the men in…
Staying Safe in Summer’s HeatJune 2020 | From our Desks
With the beginning of summer this month, we can expect long, hot days with exceptionally high temperatures. Even if you…
Giving Thanks During National Nurses WeekMay 2020 | Letter from the Administrator
Every year, we recognize the excellent work and service of our nurses across the nation with National Nurses Week, which…