Honoring Nurses for National Nurses Week
Every year, we recognize the excellent work and service of our nurses across the nation with National Nurses Week, which runs from May 6-12. As the frontline of a world health crisis for the past two years, this week has taken on a whole new meaning for our appreciation and gratitude for our nurses here at Leakesville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center and across the world.
All of our lives, daily routines and procedures at work have been impacted by COVID-19, but the clinical excellence and compassionate service has not wavered with our team here at Leakesville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center. For National Nurses Week, we are asking for participation from everyone in giving thanks and recognition to our nurses. Please head to our Facebook page, and leave a comment on our post with this blog with a message, photo or video to a nurse or nurses of your choice.
We’d also like to point out some of the many responsibilities that our nurses have at Leakesville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center:
- Focusing not only on the physical ailments associated with aging, but also with mental impairments such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- They monitor patients’ conditions and assess their vital signs, noting any physical or mental decline and reporting back to the doctor.
- They administer medications and other treatments and help patients manage common age-related conditions such as incontinence, sleep disturbances or loss of mobility.
- Promote patient’s independence.
- Resolve patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- In addition to the physical toll, they often encounter emotional stress, especially when interacting with patients who have severe cognitive decline and may be angry or fearful.
Not everyone working at Leakesville Rehabilitation & Nursing Center can do every job, except our nurses! Thank you, nurses, for your compassion, clinical excellence, and education, even during this unprecedented time.
Just a Little Vitamin SEAJune 2021 | General
Here at Leakesville Rehab & Nursing Center, we know that we are never too old to learn new things. We…
Movie Time at LeakesvilleJune 2021 | General
Here at Leakesville Rehab & Nursing Center, our patients love arts and entertainment. We are able to offer an array…
Art Classes at LeakesvilleMay 2021 | General
They often say, “The eyes are the window to the soul.” Here at Leakesville Rehab & Nursing Center, we believe…